“All about Winter Wonderland in Hyde Park 2023”
It will not be wrong to say that London during Christmas time is absolutely unmatched, from lighting to shopping spaces and fun –filled activities, it always gives a Wow effect to its visitors.
Winter Wonderland has become an annual tradition for both locals and tourists from all over the world.
Every year, during this event Hyde Park is transformed into a winter paradise that offers a bundle of attractions and experiences to capture the essence of the festive season.
Sneak peek from History
Earlier, it was started in 2007 at a very small scale with a lovely Christmas market along with the ice rink and now it has developed into Europe’s largest winter event by adding new attractions every year to make it a must-visit destination during the holiday season. According to records, on average 2.5 million visitors visit every year.
Hyde Park is located in the heart of London and makes it easily accessible via various modes of transportation, including the Underground, buses, and even by foot for those staying in central London. The nearest Underground and rail stations include Victoria, Bond Street, Green Park, Paddington, Knightsbridge, Marble Arch, and Hyde Park Corner.
Date and Time
This year it is going to take place on 17 November 2023 to 01 January 2024 from 10 am to 10 pm, except Christmas Day.
Entry is free during off-peak periods and costs between £5 – £7.50 for peak hours. If you spend an additional £25 on paid-for attractions, rides or games when booking your ticket, your entry will be free.
Paid-for attractions include:
Ice skating, Giant Observation Wheel, Ice-skating shows, Magical Ice Kingdom, Circus shows, Bar Ice, Ice Slide, Ice Sculpting workshops, Fairground rides and games & much more.
Things to do at Winter Wonderland 2023-24
Following are the things to-do while visiting this amazing time of the year in London.
- Skate with the live music on the Winter Wonderland ice rink, the UK’s largest outdoor rink.
- Marvel at the acrobatic wonders at a circus show.
- Soar into the sky on the iconic Giant Observation Wheel and witness the sparkling London lights below.
- Ride on a traditional carousel or brave the giant loops of nine different roller coasters at the fairground.
- Enter into the Magical Ice Kingdom to discover over 500 tonnes of ice sculpted into secret passageways, a snow tunneled ice slide, a crystal carriage of the Ice Palace, and much more.
- Take on the Edelweiss Funhouse, a walk-through experience that is sure to play a trick or two on you, with a 300m (984 ft) alpine obstacle course and surprising illusion rooms.
- Be transported to another world at the Dr Archibald VR experience, an immersive adventure that will leave you questioning reality.
Useful Tips for Hyde Park Winter Wonderland
Following are the useful tips before visiting this fun-filled place:
- You should pre-book your tickets to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland to ensure smooth entry at a programmed time. The attractions and food/drink within will cost extra, so make sure you’re prepared for additional spending too.
- If you want to go as a large group, for those customers Hyde Park Winter Wonderland offers a 10% ticket discount for groups of 20 or more attendees.
- All of the entrances to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland are reachable and step free. Once you are through the gates, you’ll find that the event area is covered entirely in a temporary trackway, which means its easy accessibility for those who require it. There will be accessible toilets too.
- When traveling to Hyde Park Winter Wonderland, customers are advised to plan ahead, try and travel at quieter times and check before you travel – as Central London is pretty busy!
In conclusion, the festival is offering countless rides and attractions, remarkable family performances, delicious street food, Christmas market shopping, and much more for everyone to enjoy.
HMN Holidays are making travel easier for its customers.
Let’s pack your bags and get ready for the trip of a lifetime with the best holiday packages.
For further information, Click on the link below